Skip Navigation
May 3, 2022

Emily Gordon receives University Distinguished Professors Scholarship

Emily Gordon, a Ph.D. student in Associate Professor Elizabeth Barnes’ research group, has been selected to receive the 2022-23 University Distinguished Professors Scholarship. The UDP scholarship is a merit-based award bestowed upon a graduate student for her/his academic accomplishments. Its purpose is to enhance the professional development opportunities of the awardees.

“This scholarship is invaluable to me at this time in my Ph.D.,” Gordon said. “I am really keen to visit other research institutions and make connections with people with similar research interests across the U.S. As an international student who started during the pandemic, these opportunities only opened up to me recently and I want to make the most of them before I finish at CSU.”

The scholarship was created by the University Distinguished Professors and is fully funded by them. Atmospheric Science is home to a considerable number of University Distinguished Professors: Sonia Kreidenweis, David Randall, A.R. Ravishankara and Sue van den Heever. Tom Vonder Haar and Graeme Stephens are University Distinguished Professors Emeritus.