SOURCE: FORTCAST to host inaugural Colorado Weatherfest June 24
Fort Collins Atmospheric Scientists (FORTCAST) will host the inaugural Colorado Weatherfest 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 24. All events will take place at the CSU Department of Atmospheric Science, 3915 W. Laporte Avenue, on the CSU Foothills Campus.
Featuring a weather balloon launch and drone demonstration, the event – open to all ages – serves to introduce weather and climate principles through hands-on activities. Dozens of scientists from across Colorado will participate, including representatives from:
- Colorado State University, Department of Atmospheric Science
- Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere
- Little Shop of Physics
- Denver-Boulder National Weather Service
- Colorado Climate Center
- Ball Aerospace
- Center for Severe Weather Research
- Earth System Modeling and Education Institute
- University of Colorado, Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
For any questions, contact Dakota Smith at email@example.com.
Read the SOURCE article
Photo: A weather balloon launch will be among the activities at the inaugural FORTCAST Weatherfest, June 24.