Skip Navigation
July 18, 2022

Kristen Rasmussen receives AMS Mountain Meteorology Early Career Award

Associate Professor Kristen Rasmussen has been recognized by the American Meteorological Society’s Scientific and Technological Activities Commission. Rasmussen received the Outstanding Early Career Award from the AMS Committee on Mountain Meteorology for “advancing the scientific understanding of complex interactions between terrain and convective precipitation.” The award is given to early career scientists who have made significant contributions to the discipline and are on a path to becoming science leaders in the community.

“I am deeply honored to receive this award, as it represents the community I have been part of since I was an early-stage graduate student,” Rasmussen said. “In fact, my first conference presentation was at an AMS Mountain Meteorology conference, so this award is particularly meaningful for me.”

The AMS Mountain Meteorology STAC committee presented Rasmussen with the award at the 20th Conference on Mountain Meteorology at the end of June. The Scientific and Technological Activities Commission (STAC) is composed of committees and boards, which are made up of hundreds of volunteers who are primarily AMS members.