FORTCAST to host second Weatherfest July 1
FORTCAST’s second annual Colorado Weatherfest will be held 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, July 1. All ages are invited to attend the event at the Scott Bioengineering Building on CSU’s main campus.
Featuring a weather balloon launch and drone demonstration, Weatherfest introduces weather and climate principles through hands-on activities. Dozens of scientists from across Colorado will participate, including representatives from:
- CSU Department of Atmospheric Science
- Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere (CIRA)
- Colorado Climate Center
- City of Fort Collins
- Open Snow
- Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
- Little Shop of Physics
- National Weather Service
- Center for Severe Weather Research
- Earth System Modeling and Education Institute (ESMEI)
- University of Colorado Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
Visit the Facebook Weatherfest event page.
Photo above: A weather balloon was launched at the inaugural Colorado Weatherfest in 2017.